Though military schools no longer enroll troubled boys, students who attend military boarding schools are more likely to succeed academically than their public school counterparts. But they don’t just prepare students for college. They prepare them for life.
Here are five important, lifelong benefits for enrolling your child in a military boarding school.
1. They Learn Leadership Skills — One of the primary ways military boarding schools teach leadership is by modeling it.
2. They are Given Boundaries — In military boarding school, students thrive on a structured schedule.
3. They are Taught Discipline — Students are taught to follow specific rules, which are in place to help them achieve their goals
4. They are Given Plenty of Personal Responsibility — Students in military boarding schools are taught to take responsibility for themselves in a manner that’s not typically required at other boarding schools.
5. They Learn the Value of Integrity — Finally, students in military boarding schools operate under a strict code of conduct. Every student is responsible to behave with respect toward superiors and peers. Respect, discipline, service, selflessness, sacrifice—these are the tenets of the military boarding school character, and they differentiate our students from other boarding schools.
When you choose military school for your children, you can rest assured the values they will learn during their formative years will serve them, their families and their communities for many years to come.
We can also help you in your search for other schools for troubled teens, boarding schools therapeutic, military academies, or alternative schools. Military schools offer structure, mentorship and a safe environment that limits distractions and temptations that can detract from academic and personal progress. Still, military schools are not always the right choice for every young person. While military schools offer structure, and academic and athletic discipline in a controlled environment, military schools are not intended to act as a rehabilitation program. Military schools want students who wish to prepare themselves for a future in a collegiate, military, or professional setting.
Military Schools and Military Academies Directory and Listing -- Military Schools for Boys and Military Schools for Girls in the United States of America
MilitarySchoolUSA.com is the leading directory of military schools and military academies in America.